First let me say congratulations to all of the winners especially Common and John Legend, and now lets get to my favorite topic, red carpet fashion. Lots and lots to talk about so lets begin……
1. My top 5 looks of the night were: Lupita Nyong’o in Calvin Klein, Jennifer Lopez in Elie Saab, Rosamund Pike in Givenchy, Emma Stone in Elie Saab, and Jamie Chung in Yanina Couture.
2. My questionable looks of the night were: Zendaya in Vivienne Westwood, Julianna Moore in Chanel, Marion Cotillard in Dior Haute Couture, Kerry Washington in Miu Miu, Nicole Kidman in Louis Vuitton, and Gwyneth Paltrow in Ralph and Russo. I didn’t hate all of these looks; some just underwhelmed me.
3. Haute mamas alert! Scarlett Johanson and Zoe Saldana just gave birth and looked simply gorgeous on the red carpet in Atelier Veresace.
4. Trend alert: Wear red on the red carpet like Rosamund Pike, Dakota Johnson in Saint Laurent, Sophie Hunter in Lanvin, and Behati Prinsloo in Armani Prive. Loved it!!!!!! P.S. Red lips were also popular on the red carpet.
5. Preggers and chic. Keira Knightley graced the red carpet in Valentino.
#6 Reese Witherspoon in Tom Ford and Jenna Dewam-Tatum in Zuhair Murad nailed their looks. I loved their white gowns.
#7 Musicians like Lady Gaga in Azzedine Alaia, Solange in Christian Siriano, Jennifer Hudson in Romona Keveza, and Rita Ora in Marchesa graced the red carpet and looked fabulous. WOW! Lady Gaga’s look was everything I expected it to be, and Rita Ora was flawless.
8. Some ladies like Sienna Miller n Oscar de la Renta, Margot Robbie in Saint Laurent and Cate Blanchett in Maison Martin Margiela opted to wear black. BTW…. I love Margot’s hair and red lips.