OMG! Time sure is flying. I am officially 9 months pregnant and feel like I am so not ready. There is so much to do. On this beautiful Sunday morning, I decided to come up with my to do list for the last month of my pregnancy before my little peacock comes….
1. Pack a hospital bag. I’ve seen so many posts on what I need to pack and heard from so many people on what should be in my bag. Between you and me, just thinking about packing a bag has me overwhelmed. Here’s what I’ve gathered: I need a nightgown (maybe, maybe not the hospital does provide you with one), a robe, some non-slip socks (although I heard that they also provide those too), flip flops, slippers, toiletries for me and B, overnight clothes for him too, change of clothes for him, a going home outfit for me and P, nursing bra (although I don’t know what size to get, my boobies haven’t grown tmi I know), nipple cream, snacks for B, chargers for my gadgets, a camera, baby book, my birth plan, ID, insurance cards, the pill and my playlist, hair essentials (scarf, comb/brush, ponytail holder), and a blanket. See how exhausting this list is?
2. More and more nesting. Trying to figure out where things should go. Thanks to all the wonderful people who blessed us with gifts. Now, I need to find somewhere for it all to go. Like where to do I put the Snuggle Nest at until she gets here. At one point (or maybe now), my house looked like a tornado hit it. Even my dad commented on the disorder. Slowly but surely I’m finding places for everything to go, and Dreft has become my best friend. But really, I really wish I could wave a wand, and magically everything would go where it needed to be.
3.Taking a little time for me. I need to pamper myself and read a little. I need a little extra love. Hell my body craves it. You should see my feet right now, and shaving is so hard to do right now. I’m simply over having to shake the dandruff off my shirt because my hair is dirty and in dire need of a co-wash. Basically, I want to feel beautiful again.
4. If one more person tells me that I look tired, I’m going to fucking scream. But the sad truth is, I really am tired. I want to schedule a sleep day, a netflix and chill type of day.
5. I need to finish writing my birth plan. So many options, so many things to think about. To have an epidural, to not. Do I want the lights dimmed and the room as quiet as possible or have my music playing? Will I bring with me a birthing stool or request a birthing bar? And who do I want in the room? So many options to check off on my plan….
6. I need to find a pediatrician for P. I’ve narrowed it down to a shortlist.
7. Finish the nursery. Who knew it would take so much out of me? From asking B to put together the dresser, crib, and glider to finding the right shade of pink for the walls to deciding on shelves to finding the perfect artwork for her walls. Oy vey! I feel like every other day I am buying something else.