My P is 1!!!!
Holy Shit! I can’t believe that my baby girl turned 1! OMG! Those 12 months went by so fast. It feels like only yesterday that I was headed to the hospital to give birth. Where did the time go?
This was the hardest 12 months of my life. No lies, it was difficult adjusting to a baby. We had a hard time breastfeeding. It was rough getting her to sleep in the bassinet. Her first cold broke my heart.
I won’t lie being a mom is a lot of work.
My resume should now read:
– Expert Doctor Caller (no explanation needed)
– Experienced Baby Photographer (oops, I meant Paparazzi. Do you know that I have over 4,000 pictures of her in my phone?)
– Major side eye thrower (at her dad in particular and those parents who take their kids to music class while sick)
– Semi-professional mouthy daughter (Unfortunately, my mom and I did not always see eye to eye.)
– Professional song writer (P has her own ABC song.)
– Stronger supporter of the only child movement
7 lbs 1 oz + 52 weeks = 20 lbs 3 oz
My little girl is awesome. For some weird reason, she loves to say dada over mama. She sometimes likes to whisper goodbye but loves to say both hello and hi. She can even say our dog’s name. She’s not walking but army crawling all over the house. She got her first pair of Stride Rites and likes to stand up and wiggle. She’s also my little parakeet and mimics every sound you make. She’s getting very particular about who she lets hold her and depending on her mood will give you a high five. She likes to eat with you and devour her pasta.
BTW…I’m glad that we can start transitioning her off of formula. =)
Her First Birthday Party
We decided to have her first birthday at MIL’s house. Nothing fancy. Just lots of pink and gold. Oh, and a few family and friends to celebrate. My favorites were the yummy smash cake, cookies, and cupcakes made by the awesome Myia of Eat Your Heart Out Pastries. Fun fact: P is a little dainty and didn’t really smash her smash cake. More like licked it. LOL! Did I tell you that her daddy helped decorate her cake for everyone else?
P.S. Mommy decided that she would make some special graphics for the party. I made her 1 year old poster and her 12 month milestone banner. Fun fact #2: Mommy loves Jay Z so I recreated most of Jay Z’s album covers for her pics. LOL!
P.S.S. Her cute little outfit came from Hello Buttercup on Etsy!