S on my Chest!
Holy shit! I think I have a cape flying behind me. I must have one because I definitely felt like Supermom this weekend. Why? Because I had the distinct pleasure of having my 2 little monsters all to myself this weekend while their daddy went to celebrate his 15th Kappaversary! I’m not going to lie; leading up to his departure, mommy had a mini panic attack trying to figure out how I was going to go to work, wake up multiple times at night with H, and keep changing P’s smelly diapers (thanks diarrhea) without losing my shit! I was secretly (okay not really) expressing my anxiety about it to everyone who would listen. I’ve never had 2 kids under 2 for more than 2 days with no assistance. I was shaking in my boots, but thanks to a major side eye from B and a pep talk from S, my mom, and sis, I got it together.
Allow me to brag about myself for a moment! I did not. I repeat did not have a dull moment, but I did not lose my shit. I kept it together. Yes, I was exhausted as fuck, but I did it. I put on my cape, got through the entire weekend with no incidents or major issues, and felt damn good about it.
The three of us conquered an entire weekend complete with cuddles, reading, dance parties, lots of playtime, thunderstorms, a Minnie Mouse umbrella (thanks Paw Paw), P trying to feed H, terrible almost 2 temper tantrums, a teething 3-month-old, and a mom who desperately wanted to open a bottle of Winking Owl Moscato from Aldi’s.
Supermom’s Acceptance Speech
In my acceptance speech for Supermom of the week, I want to thank the following:
- My job. Why? It was a mini break from the monsters. LOL!
- Their god mommy and brothers for watching them for a 4-hour break on Saturday.
- Southwest for having an on-time flight Sunday.
- Apple for inventing FaceTime. P got to say goodnight to her daddy.
- Disney Junior and the creative minds behind The Lion Guard. P loves to scream out Kion, Ono, and Makuu (although she leaves out the M).
- Aldi for providing me with raisins, grapes, chicken sausage, and granola cereal. P’s favorites for the weekend.
- The great people behind ROCKABYE BABY! Music who decided to make Kanye West, Nirvana, Cold Play, and Bob Marley lullabies. P.S. I have to start with Kanye. I guess it takes a Chicago guy to soothe another Chicago guy. Lol!
- The mastermind behind Google Chromecast that allowed me to cast the lullabies to the TV so he could hear them while swinging.
- Speaking of swings, thanks to the good folks of Graco for this Oasis swing.
- And last but not least, thank you to Elmo and Zoey! P loves the alphabet song with all of your Sesame Street friends and the one with Usher. We listened to both all weekend! It’s kind of cute listening to her try to sing along and dance with you all!
I would like to say thank you to all who cheered me on during my time of need. I’m super proud of myself and already not looking forward to the next time their daddy decides to leave on a guys trip. LOL! And for our next adventure, I’ll be sure to wear my new supermom attire.
Btw……It didn’t take long for me to open that bottle of wine. Mommy was off duty as soon as daddy got in the car. LOL!