Ahem! Ahem! Is this thing on?
Hey young world, I think I’m back! Lol!
I took a little moment to myself to adjust to my new job and being a wife with 2 little adorable monsters that call me mommy, but more importantly, to find balance in my life and get my mojo back. While I’m not saying it’s all the way back, I will say I’m on the road to getting there.
So since I’ve been gone, I figured I would do my version of 73 questions. Obviously not 73, but here are 37:
1. Who is your favorite blogger? I have a few.
- Style: Blair Eddie of Atlantic Pacific.
- Mom blogger: Baby Shopaholic
- Blogger who I admire her grind: Kela Walker
2. Best part of your morning routine? Checking to see what the Mattie Minute is for the day. Her emails are the truth.
4. Is having two kids 21 months apart hard? Fuck yeah. I don’t know what I was thinking lol
5. Are you done? Yes yes yes!!!!!
6. Is Jay-Z still your favorite musician of all time? Hmmmm….:yes! We just went to Houston to see their concert. I’ll probably be 50 screaming Hova while he’s in his 70s touring.
7. What’s one regret you have? Not moving to New York in my 20s
8. Last song that was stuck in your head? The Future by San Holo. Heard it playing while watching Netflix’s Ibiza
9. Five places you want to visit? Singapore (thanks to Crazy Rich Asians), Monte Carlo, Rome, Cayman Islands, and Santorini
10. What’s one random thing your obsessed? Temperature in Antarctica
11. What’s your home decor style? Eek I don’t know which is why I’m panicking as we reimagine our house. I’m comfy chic in general. I’ve gotten two answers on my Havenly style quiz : Glam with a touch of Scandinavian or Bohemian with a touch of eclectic. Translation. I like clean lines, organic textures, and funky (bold/trendy) details.
12. Facebook or Instagram? Instagram. I’m always on there
13. Twitter or Instagram? Instagram
14. Facebook or Twitter? Twitter
15. 3 things you must always have? Red lipstick, my glasses, and my phone
16. What’s a bad habit? I stress too much. Being an adult that’s married with two kids and a dog is hard. But I saw this post on XO Necole’s IG that says stress ages you so calm the fuck down sis. So I need to woosah. I’m trying to be mindful, set intentions, and be grateful. I just downloaded KYŌ app. I’ll let you know how that goes
17. Biggest pet peeve? When people misspell my name in emails or assume I’m a guy. Hi Kanye! Hi Mr. E! Hi Kanea! Argh!!!!
18. Five shows you faithfully watch? VH1 reality tv shows (all count for one), The Good Place, Lethal Weapon, Grownish, and Younger. Oh, and how can I forget Insecure.
19. What are you reading now? Breaking Mr. Cane by Shenora Williams. Part 2 in the series. Check out my review for Wanting Mr. Cane.
20. What’s one thing you intend to do by December 31st? Finish my romance book. I get so distracted and lazy about finishing it. I have to remember to just keep writing.
21. What’s one quote that inspires you right now? Claim your destination as your North Star and make every effort to get there
22. What would you tell your daughter if she feared failing? But what if you don’t. Get out of your head and get into your greatness. You can. End of story.
23. What would you tell your son? They tried to bury us but didn’t know we were seeds. You can have it all. You did not wake up today to be mediocre. Rumble young king rumble.
24. Who do you look to for guidance on living with intentions? Sarah Prout
25. What would you do you knew you couldn’t fail? Write as many romance books as I can imagine and run the social media for my favorite brand, Kate Spade
26. Why don’t you blog as much anymore? Finding the time and inspiration was hard. I intend to do it more. Two kids have wrecked a good havoc on my life, I just need to learn to balance+
27. Highlights of the year: H turned 1, new job, new home, Coachella and Houston
28. What’s your favorite number? 7 aka the number of completion. Which is why my answer to number 18 is bothering me. So add Supernatural
29. What are some style staples for you? A denim jacket, jeans, chambray shirt, white tshirt, bomber jacket, tulle skirt, black heels, red heels, Oxford shoes, booties, knee or thigh length boots, statement jewelry, comfy sweatshirt, and a sweater dress (hella casual I know)
30. Favorite purse to carry right now? Vintage coach purse from when I was in grammar school.
31. Any purses you want right now? Yup a Chloe ‘Drew’ bag, a YSL belt bag, camera bag ,or Kate medium bag, or Louis Vuitton Pallas clutch or Pochette Felicie. Btw…I still want to have the LV Keepall bag for travel
32. Now that you’re a mom do you swear by leggings? Ha! Yes I love my cotton and vegan leather leggings. I swear by my vegan sweatpants too and in the summer my denim shorts.
33. What’s your signature dish? Cajun shrimp and chicken pasta. I always make it right lol
34. Three things you intend to do before your next bday: 1. Be debt free in terms of credit cards 2. Eating healthier and working out 3. Sold my romance book to you
35. You win a million plus, what’s in your closet now? J. Crew, Off White, Kate Spade, Marchesa, Saint Laurent
36. Whose style do you love? Tracee Ellis Ross Kelly Rowland Kahlana Barfield Yara Shahidi
37. Who are you inviting to your 37th dinner party? I’m inviting The Carters, June Ambrose, Idris Elba, Jenna Lyons, Tracee Ellis Ross, Will and Jada, Jerrod Carmichael, Dave Chappell, Diddy, TI, The Obamas, Sarah Jessica Parker, Rihanna, Lebron and Maverick, Kobe (for B), Chris Evans, and Leo to an intimate dinner party at a house decorated by Chip and Joanna and photographed by Lenny S.